Easiest Matcha Latte Recipe

By Pℇℇƙ - 12:30 PM

Hey guys,

any coffee lovers between you? Besides me of course :)
Well for me, I do enjoy my cup of coffee - especially in the afternoons.
Coffee in the morning however doesn't always suit me. It makes me bloated, gives me coffee breath right after my morning dragon breath, and often times, especially if I drink coffee on an empty stomach, it gives me reflux and stomach pains. So definitely not fun!

But no worries! :) Here's the solution: Matcha! :)


Matcha, naturally derived from green tea leaves, is caffeinated, therefor giving you a burst of energy which, in contrast to caffeinated coffee, happens in your digestive system, leading to a more mild yet longer caffein experience. It is also said that Matcha has health properties.

Well enough of the gloriousness of Matcha! Let's get to the recipe, shall we!


I prefer my Matcha Latte (Italian for milk) without water, but you find plenty of other recipes that dilute the drink with water, so just find a balance that suits you.



Recipe:

  • 1 Glass of Milk. For Milk I'm using unsweetened almond milk. Just my preference. I like the little nutty flavor it gives.
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of Matcha Powder (I'm using this this one)
  • Sweetener of liking and taste (Depending on the day or what I have in my kitchen I use Stevia, honey, etc)
  1. Fill your cup with about 3 Tablespoons of your milk of choice.
  2. Put the Matcha Powder into the small milk liquid.
  3. Mix it a little.
  4. Then I pour it into a milk frother (I have this one) which actually belongs to my coffee machine but works really well. If you don't have a device like this use a hand held milk frother (Amazon) or a traditional matcha whisk (Amazon).
  5. I warm the rest of the milk up - just because typically latte (macciato)s are served warm, so are coffees. I just pour the rest of the milk in the cup I used before and put it in the microwave for about 1 minute.
  6. After the Matcha Milk has been frothed you can pour it into the warm milk.
  7. Mix in any sweetener you like.
  8. Enjoy!
PS: Matcha can be more bitter until you're used to the taste so maybe try it sweeter in the beginning and with more milk/less powder

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Kommentare

  1. Hi, a nice blog. I want to show you a great way to make money from your blog.
    And with a video I showed on the money I earned ... But talk is cheep

    Let me '' show you the money''... Watch the video!

    For more information, see the earnings description link:
    (link: http://yunusztrk308.mobesites.com/tmf-webinar ) http://yunusztrk308.mobesites.com/tmf-webinar

    ReplyDelete